- This event has passed.
Lern @ Foodbank Friday
September 25, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
KSHE 95 is teaming up with the St. Louis Area Foodbank every Friday in September for Foodbank Fridays – a weekly food drive to help aid those affected by COVID-19!
Join Lern and the Bommarito Street Fleet on Friday, September 25th from 2-6pm next to Kohl’s in Gravois Bluffs Shopping Center.
Donate a non-perishable food item and you could win a $500 gift card.
Click HERE for a list of the best items to donate!
About the St. Louis Area Foodbank:
• Prior to the pandemic, the most current data they had from Feeding America said that there were more than 400,000 people in the bi-state region that were food insecure. That number has continued to rise with job losses, furloughs, and kids being out of school for extended periods of time.
• The St. Louis Area Foodbank has seen a 40% increase in food distributed compared to the same time frame last year.
• The St. Louis Area Foodbank has provided more than 22 million meals since mid-March
• Since March 16, the Foodbank has brought on 72 new community partners and distribution, adding to the more than 500 community partners the organization had prior to Covid-19.
• The St. Louis Area Foodbank has provided food, hygiene items, and cleaning supplies to 800 drive-through food distributions throughout our 26-county service territory since mid-March.
• For perspective, they did 676 mobile markets and food fairs in our entire 9-month fiscal year (10/1/18 – 6/30/19)
• The St. Louis Area Foodbank has been serving this community since 1975.
• Hunger can affect anyone (we’re all one life event away from needing assistance), but anyone can affect hunger.
• Whether you’re 5 or 95 years old, we can all do our part.
• The Foodbank serves 26 counties in the bi-state region (14 in Missouri and 12 in Illinois).
• September is Hunger Action Month. Find ways to get involved at http://STLFoodbank.org/HAM
• Orange is the national color for hunger awareness. Show your support by wearing orange this month. Take a selfie and tag the Foodbank (@STLFoodbank) and use the hashtag #HungryForChange
• If someone needs food assistance, please visit our website (http://STLFoodbank.org) and click on the “Find Food” button at the top of the page or call our front desk at 314-292-6262.
• The Foodbank’s tagline is “Fighting Hunger, Feeding Hope.”
• The St. Louis Area Foodbank’s mission is to build stronger communities by empowering people with food and hope.
If you can’t make it out, you can donate here: