John Ulett is a St. Louis on-air institution. The "U-Man" has been on-air at KSHE for over 35 years. Ulett hosts mornings on KSHE, as well as the popular KSHE Klassics show on Sunday mornings from 8am-noon. In case you were wondering whether this leaves John any spare time, consider that he is also the Public Address Announcer for the St. Louis Cardinals and is also a frequent host of many community events. All of this makes his voice one of St. Louis' most recognized. In his leisure time, John enjoys spending time with his kids and playing golf.
Saturday is Independant Record Store Day
4/19/2013 9:17:00 AM
Here is a list of all the special releases for independant record store day which is tomorrow. John
RECORD STORE DAY: What to Buy on Saturday
Posted: Friday 12:01AM Apr. 19, 2013 PST
Music fans will be hitting independent music stores across the country on Saturday for Record Store Day.
Here's a list of some of the goodies you could pick up this weekend:
- The Rolling Stones’ Five by Five EP will be available on seven-inch vinyl for the first time since 1964.
- Aerosmith's 1973 self-titled debut, 1974's Get Your Wings and 1975's Toys in the Attic have all been re-mastered for vinyl and will be released in individually numbered jackets.
- Soundgarden will release a collection of King Animal demos. The six tracks -- including the demo for "By Crooked Steps" -- will be available on 10-inch pink vinyl and include a digital download card for all the songs.
- Mumford and Sons will release a CD and 10-inch vinyl featuring songs from an in-store performance at Bull Moose inScarborough,Maine.
- The Cure will reissue 1987′s Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me on red vinyl.
- Dave Matthews Band will release Live Trax Volume One as a vinyl box set.
- Bon Jovi Live is a 12-inch picture disc with four songs, including "Livin' on a Prayer."
- Dio and Killswitch Engage will split a seven-inch single with two versions of "Holy Diver."
- Rarities from Young Guns, Creed, Finger Eleven and Seether appear on a limited-edition 10-inch vinyl release from their label, Wind-Up Records, to mark its 15th anniversary.
- Grouplove and Manchester Orchestra have collaborated on a new track called "Make It to Me" that will be on a 12-inch vinyl single that features a collaboration between Manchester Orchestra and Frightened Rabbit on the flip side.
- The 10th anniversary of The White Stripes' Elephant is available as a double vinyl set -- one record is colored black and red and the other is white.
- Avenged Sevenfold's 2008 live release Live in the LBC is available in a limited-edition vinyl and DVD package that includes Diamonds in the Rough, a collection of previously unreleased B-sides and more.
For Twitter or Facebook:
It's Record Store Day on Saturday. Go support your local music store!