REAL ROCK NEWS

Subscribe to the Real Rock News Headlines Newsletter

Would you like to receive Real Rock News in your inbox each weekday?  If so, sign up to receive Real Rock News Headlines! Already a KSHE VIP? Click HERE to update your account and simply check the box next to 'Real Rock News Headlines' and you will start receiving Real Rock News in your inbox each weekday. Not a VIP? Sign up today by clicking HERE – it takes less than 60 seconds. What will you receive each day? Click HERE to see a sample.

OZZY OSBOURNE INJURED IN HOUSE FIRE

1/18/2013

Ozzy Osbourne was injured on Thursday morning (January 17th) while attempting to put out a fire in the Beverly Hills home he shares with his wife Sharon. According to Blabbermouth, firefighters were called to the house after a candle Sharon had left burning through the night exploded in its glass vase, sparking a blaze in their living room.

On Thursday's edition of the CBS morning program The Talk, which she co-hosts, Sharon explained, "At five o' clock (in the morning), I heard a noise like metal had fallen . . . A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up. (I thought), 'Something's weird smelling in here.' Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room (was on fire)."

She added that Ozzy, who had a cast on his hand due to having surgery the day before, attempted to put the fire out. Sharon then threw water on it, causing it to erupt even more.

Ozzy ended up losing his eyebrows and his hair from his ears down, while his cheeks were also singed.

Sharon said, "We are, like, two idiots . . . everything you are not meant to do -- go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on -- we did it all."

She added that the firemen gave them "a lecture," with Ozzy saying, "You tell her, you tell her, no more candles!"

Sharon then apologized to her husband on the air, saying he made his hand injury worse by putting himself out. She concluded, "I'm sorry and I love you and I will never light a candle again . . . I want to thank the firemen from Beverly Hills Fire Station because you are magnificent there and I want to say to everyone out there, please, please check your candles before you go to bed."


 «  Return to previous page
 »  Send to a friend
Subscribe to channel