Real Rock Blog
Winter Blood Drive
KSHE 95 and Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center want you to Rock ‘n’ Roll Up Your Sleeve and give the gift of blood at the annual Winter Blood Drive!
Schedule your appointment by calling (314) 291-4741 or click HERE!
Friday, December 4th (10a-6p)
Saturday, December 5th (9a-3p)
Pre-schedule your donation appointment and then come hang out with your favorite KSHE personalities including Uman, Lern, Favazz, Mike Doran, Mark Klose, Drew Johnson, Nick Bacott, Sweetmeat and more! Make your appointment HERE!
Attempt and donate and receive:
• A commemorative 2015 KSHE Winter Blood Drive t-shirt
• The chance to win a Funjet Vacations getaway for two to Punta Cana with all-inclusive accommodations at RIU Bambu.
1. Fox C-6 Service Center (849 Jeffco Blvd., Arnold, MO 63010)
2. Eagan Center (1 James J Eagan Dr., Florissant, MO 63033)
3. East Central College (1964 Prairie Dell Road, Union, MO 63084)
4. MVRBC - Crestwood Donor Center (9860 Watson Rd., Crestwood, MO 63126)
5. St. Charles Community College (4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive, St. Peters, MO 63376)
6. Carondelet Park Rec Complex / YMCA (930 Holly Hills Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63111)
1. Southwestern Illinois College (2500 Carlyle, Belleville, IL 62221)
2. Lewis & Clark Community College (5800 Godfrey Road, Godfrey, IL 62035)
3. Lincoln Land Community College (1 Lincoln Way, Litchfield, IL 62056)
To make an appointment, visit: http://bloodcenter.org/kshe
How to donate blood
Schedule your appointment by calling (314) 291-4741 or search online HERE. All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients. A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental consent in some states), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.
About the KSHE Blood Drive
KSHE 95 started rockin’ and rollin’ up our sleeves in the summer of 1984 - collecting a respectable 900 pints of blood. Over the years, more and more listeners participated and, in 1989, it was decided to add the Winter Blood Drive. Since 1984, the St. Louis community has donated over 148,000 units of usable blood possibly helping save up to 444,000 lives! All those who attempt to donate receive a limited-edition KSHE 95 Blood Drive T-Shirt featuring the station mascot, Sweetmeat. Over the years the KSHE 95 Blood Drive has won numerous awards in the blood donor and radio industry, most recently winning 1st place for Community Service Event with the Missouri Broadcaster’s Association, and truly showcases the power and connection that KSHE has with its listeners! The success of KSHE 95 – Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center Blood Drives would not be possible without the passion and spirit of the best listeners in the world!
About Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center
Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center (MVRBC) is the exclusive provider of blood products and services to 88 hospitals in Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and Wisconsin. The Blood Center is based in Davenport, Iowa, where MVRBC’s testing, processing and primary distribution center handles more than 250,000 units of blood components each year. MVRBC is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
In addition to its Davenport headquarters, the Blood Center has regional distribution hubs in central Illinois (Springfield, Ill., operating as Central Illinois Community Blood Center), eastern Illinois (Urbana, Ill., operating as Community Blood Services of Illinois); southeastern Iowa (Ottumwa, IA) and the St. Louis region (Maryland Heights, MO and Maryville, IL).
From these locations, MVRBC collects blood at 19 fixed site donor centers and at more than 4,000 mobile blood drives held each year. The population of the Blood Center’s service region exceeds 4-million residents and donors give more than 180,000 donations each year.
Provide world-class blood products and services to communities in need.
Be the recognized leader in translating emerging blood-related services to enhance patients’ lives.
Supporting Area Patients
Provider of blood products and services to these area hospitals:
• Anderson Hospital, Maryville, IL
• Des Peres Hospital, St. Louis, MO
• Mercy Hospital Jefferson, Festus, MO
• Memorial Hospital, Belleville, IL
• Saint Anthony's Health Center, Alton, IL
• SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center, St. Louis, MO
• SSM DePaul Health Center, Bridgeton, MO
• SSM Good Samaritan Regional Health Center - Mt. Vernon, IL
• SSM St. Joseph Health Center, St. Charles, MO
• SSM St. Joseph Hospital, West Lake St. Louis, MO
• SSM Rehab, Richmond Heights, MO
• SSM St. Clare Health Center, Fenton, MO
• SSM St. Mary's Health Center, Richmond Heights, MO
• SSM St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia, IL
• HSHS St. Elizabeth's Hospital, Belleville, IL
• HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital, Breese, IL
• HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital, Highland, IL
• St. Mary's Health Center, Jefferson City, MO
• Touchette Regional Hospital, Centreville, IL