Real Rock Blog
KSHE 95 and Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center Summer Blood Drive
Schedule your appointment by calling (314) 291-4741 or search online using keyword "KSHE" here: www.bloodcenterIMPACT.org.
KSHE 95 and Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center want you to Rock ‘n’ Roll Up Your Sleeve and give the gift of blood at the annual Summer Blood Drive on Friday & Saturday, August 7th & 8th.
Friday, August 7th (10a-7p)
Saturday, August 8th (9a-5p) – (*except in Litchfield, Illinois)
Pre-schedule your appointment to donate blood and hang out with your favorite KSHE personalities including Lern, Favazz, Nick Bacott, and Drew Johnson!
Attempt to donate and get:
• A limited-edition commemorative 2015 KSHE 95 - Mississippi Valley Blood Center - Summer Blood Drive t-shirt (to all who attempt to donate) + enter in the summer long drawing to win a new Jeep Patriot SUV!
• The chance to win an Apple iPad Air
• Additional chances to win prizes (tbd)
1. Fox C-6 Service Center (849 Jeffco Blvd., Arnold, MO 63010)
2. James J. Eagan Center (1 James J. Eagan Drive, Florissant, MO 63033)
3. Renaud Spirit Center (2650 Tri-Sports Circle, O’Fallon, MO 63368)
4. East Central College (1964 Prairie Dell Road, Union, MO 63084)
5. Glaziers Local 513 (5916 Wilson Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63110)
6. St. Louis College of Health Careers (1297 N. Highway Drive, Fenton, MO 63026)
7. Fischer’s Restaurant (2100 West Main Street, Belleville, IL 62226)
8. Lewis & Clark Community College (5800 Godfrey Road, Godfrey, IL 62035)
9. Litchfield Moose Lodge (221 N. Madison, Litchfield, IL 62056) - Saturday’s drive will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at this location only
Friday (10a-7p) - Lewis & Clark Community College - 5800 Godfrey Road Godfrey, IL 62035
10a-1p with Lern
1p-6p with Favazz
Saturday (9a-5p) - Renaud Spirit Center - 2650 TriSports Circle O'Fallon, MO 63368
9am–2pm with Jon Mintert
2pm–5pm with Drew Johnson
Schedule your appointment by calling (314) 291-4741 or search online using keyword "KSHE" at www.bloodcenterIMPACT.org.
About the KSHE Blood Drive:
KSHE 95 started rockin’ and rollin’ up our sleeves in the summer of 1984 - collecting a respectable 900 pints of blood. Over the years, more and more listeners participated and, in 1989, it was decided to add the Winter Blood Drive. Since 1984, the St. Louis community has donated over 147,000 units of usable blood possibly helping save up to 441,000 lives! All those who attempt to donate receive a limited-edition KSHE 95 Blood Drive T-Shirt featuring the station mascot, Sweetmeat. Over the years the KSHE 95 Blood Drives has won numerous awards in the blood donor and radio industry, most recently winning 1st place for Community Service Event with the Missouri Broadcaster’s Association, and truly showcases the power and connection that KSHE has with its listeners! The success of KSHE 95 - Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center Blood Drives would not be possible without the passion and spirit of the best listeners in the world!
About Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center:
Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center (MVRBC) is the exclusive provider of blood products and services to 88 hospitals in Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and Wisconsin. The Blood Center is based in Davenport, Iowa, where MVRBC’s testing, processing and primary distribution center handles more than 250,000 units of blood components each year. MVRBC is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
In addition to its Davenport headquarters, the Blood Center has regional distribution hubs in central Illinois (Springfield, Ill., operating as Central Illinois Community Blood Center), eastern Illinois (Urbana, Ill., operating as Community Blood Services of Illinois); southeastern Iowa (Ottumwa, IA) and the St. Louis region (Maryland Heights, MO and Maryville, IL).
From these locations, MVRBC collects blood at 19 fixed site donor centers and at more than 4,000 mobile blood drives held each year. The population of the Blood Center’s service region exceeds 4-million residents and donors give more than 180,000 donations each year.
Provide world-class blood products and services to communities in need.
Be the recognized leader in translating emerging blood-related services to enhance patients’ lives.
Supporting Area Patients
Provider of blood products and services to these area hospitals:
• Anderson Hospital, Maryville, IL
• Des Peres Hospital, St. Louis, MO
• Mercy Hospital Jefferson, Festus, MO
• Memorial Hospital, Belleville, IL
• Saint Anthony's Health Center, Alton, IL
• SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center, St. Louis, MO
• SSM DePaul Health Center, Bridgeton, MO
• SSM Good Samaritan Regional Health Center - Mt. Vernon, IL
• SSM St. Joseph Health Center, St. Charles, MO
• SSM St. Joseph Hospital, West Lake St. Louis, MO
• SSM Rehab, Richmond Heights, MO
• SSM St. Clare Health Center, Fenton, MO
• SSM St. Mary's Health Center, Richmond Heights, MO
• SSM St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia, IL
• HSHS St. Elizabeth's Hospital, Belleville, IL
• HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital, Breese, IL
• HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital, Highland, IL
• St. Mary's Health Center, Jefferson City, MO
• Touchette Regional Hospital, Centreville, IL